Earlier on Friday, the Pentagon warned of credible terrorist threats to US troops and civilians seeking to leave Afghanistan in the wake of the deadly Kabul airport attack carried out by Daesh-K* that killed 13 American service members and scores of Afghan civilians.
The US Embassy in Kabul issued a second security alert to Americans on Friday. Those hoping to get to Hamid Karzai International Airport to be airlifted out of the Taliban*-controlled country were advised against doing so, and warned to avoid airport gates due to credible “security threats” in Afghanistan.
The alert seemingly mirrored the first one, released on Wednesday, however it added mention of the New Ministry of Interior gate at Kabul airport as an area to avoid.
Thus, Americans in Afghanistan were urged to be “aware of your surroundings at all times, especially in large crowds” and “follow the instructions of local authorities including movement restrictions related to curfews.”
On 25 August, the US Embassy in Afghanistan advised Americans outside the gates of Kabul airport to leave immediately, citing the “dynamic and volatile” security situation on the ground, hours after Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the US would remain “on track” to complete the evacuation mission by the August 31 deadline.
Americans were told to “avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a US government representative to do so.”
Airlift in Final Stage
The second alert from…