Ankara Says It ‘Will Not Be Moved’ by Trump’s Threats to Destroy Turkish Economy

Middle East

Shortly after Washington announced that the US is withdrawing its troops from northern Syria on Sunday, President Trump went on Twitter to warn Turkey against actions that he said he considers “to be off limits”. This came after Ankara’s announcement about its readiness to launch a military operation in Syria.

Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay has stated that Ankara will not yield to threats over its plans to stage a military operation in Syria.

“Our message to the international community is clear: Turkey is not a country that will be moved by threats. As far as Turkey’s security is concerned, we determine our path all by ourselves,” Oktay told reporters in Ankara on Tuesday.

He warned that Turkey will tolerate the creation of “a terror corridor next to our borders under no circumstances, whatever the cost.”

“Our position will remain unchanged when it comes to the safety of our borders and the future of Syrian brothers, as well as Syria’s territorial integrity and political unity,” Oktay added.

According to him, 370,000 Syrian refugees have already returned home to areas in Syria’s northwest, where Turkey previously carried out the military operations “Euphrates Shield” and “Olive Branch”.

“Now the time has come to create a security zone east of the Euphrates. Turkey will tackle the terrorists who threaten our country from the southern borders and will also facilitate the return of Syrian…

Continue Reading This Article At Sputnik News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here