The disengagement process was carried out on August 4 and 5.
India, China disengage at PP17A (Gogra Post).
As per the agreement, both sides have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated and verified manner. The disengagement carried out on Aug 4 & 5. Troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases.
— Krishn Kaushik (@Krishn_) August 6, 2021
Troops of both sides have now moved to their respective permanent bases. “All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified. The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to the pre-standoff period,” the Army said in a statement.
It also said the disengagement agreement ensures that the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Gogra will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in the status quo.
The agreement on PP17A was reached during the 12th round of Corps Commander-level talks held last week. The meeting, which was part of a series of measures to resolve the 15-month standoff in Ladakh, was held on the Indian side of the Chushul-Moldo border.
Earlier, sources told The Indian Express that China had agreed to…