Investigators in the Pakistani province of Punjab have handed over all the evidence gathered during their probe into the Lahore bomb blast incident last week to the federal authorities, the province chief said on Monday. He said that authorities have “identified” a massive network operated by a foreign intelligence agency in Pakistan.
Chief of the Pakistani province of Punjab, Usman Buzdar, on Monday claimed a “hostile intelligence agency” was involved in executing the bomb blast that rocked Lahore’s Johar last week.
“The car used in the explosion was identified through CCTV footage, after which the security agencies tracked down the suspects. Those involved in procuring the explosives used during the blast have also been identified and nabbed”, stated Buzdar, addressing a press conference in Lahore.
“Our investigation has revealed that a hostile intelligence agency carried out the attack”, he disclosed.
The Punjab chief commended the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) and the Punjab Police for tracking down and arresting the suspects over the last four days in countrywide raids.
Speaking at the press conference, Punjab’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) Inam Ghani revealed that 10 Pakistani citizens were involved in organising the attack.
Ghani also disclosed that no foreigners were involved in executing the blast.
The Punjab police chief refused to name the “intelligence agency” by name, stating that “you all know which agency it was”.
He further claimed that the…