Hamas Leader Claims ‘Victory in the Battle for Jerusalem’ Amid Israeli-Palestinian Escalation

On Wednesday, the israel Defence Forces (IDF) said that over 1,000 rockets had been fired at the Jewish state by Palestinian forces from the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the escalation between the IDF and Hamas on Monday.

Ismail Haniyeh, chief of the Islamiс group Hamas, has claimed the Palestinians have managed to accomplish a “new” balance of power in their fight against israel after the militant group intensified its rocket attacks on central areas of the Jewish state on Tuesday evening.

He said that Hamas had been in contact with regional leaders since “the recent events broke out in Jerusalem, Sheikh Jarrah, Damascus Gate”, signalling his group’s readiness for “every scenario, whether escalation or ceasefire”.

The remarks came as Israel Defence Forces (IDF) spokesman Jonathan Conricus told reporters that Palestinian militants in Gaza have launched more than 1,000 rockets towards Israel since Monday evening and that five Israelis had been killed and over 200 others injured in the rocket attacks.

According to Conricus, Israel’s Iron Dome missile defence system continues to operate effectively, intercepting a significant share of rockets launched from the Palestinian enclave and saving Israelis’ lives amid the massive shelling.

The IDF earlier tweeted that they had eliminated key intelligence figures from Hamas, including the head of the group’s military intelligence security department and his deputy.

This followed Israel’s Defence Minister Benny Gantz…

Continue Reading This Article At Sputnik News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here