Iranian officials have previously said that the campaign of “maximum pressure” against Tehran – introduced by former US President Donald Trump – has proved to be unsuccessful, as the nation started to gradually abandon its commitments under the 2015 nuclear deal following the US withdrawal from the agreement.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that foreign powers have demonstrated that they cannot speak to Iranians with “the language of force, threats and sanctions”, Press TV reported.
Rouhani, who spoke on the occasion of the Persian New Year, or Nowruz, reportedly said that despite the COVID-19 pandemic which further toughened the weight of sanctions introduced against Iran, as its nearly 83 million-population was deprived of access to much-needed humanitarian assistance, the Iranian nation has proved the ability to weather the storm and maintain sustainable economic growth.
“Today, the enemies of the nation have admitted that the language of force, threats and sanctions cannot be spoken to the great nation of Iran. Therefore, after three years of defeat, they are forced to return to the path of constructive interaction with the Iranian nation,” Rouhani said, as quoted by Press TV.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said on Friday that the United States’ economic terrorism against the Islamic Republic was a complete failure, as the nation was able to overcome the burdens by demonstrating “ironclad…