Saturday, May 25, 2024
More
    HomeAsiaIndiaMonth before standoff, China blocked 5 patrol points in Depsang

    Month before standoff, China blocked 5 patrol points in Depsang

    Written by Nirupama Subramanian
    , Krishn Kaushik
    | Mumbai, Delhi |

    Updated: September 20, 2020 1:15:54 pm





    Month before standoff, China blocked 5 patrol points in Depsang
    By definition, the is the line that defines territory under 's control. The PPs are meant to be reached to demonstrate that the area in between these points and the LAC can be accessed. (File)

    Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, making a statement in Rajya Sabha Thursday on the situation along the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh, said “patrolling patterns are traditional and well-defined… no on earth can stop our soldiers from patrolling” and “there will be no change in the patrolling pattern”.

    But the situation on the ground, especially in the Depsang Plains in the far north of Ladakh, is very different. Because more than a month before the standoff began in May on the north bank of Pangong Tso where Indian soldiers are not being allowed to move beyond Finger 4 to the LAC point at Finger 8, Chinese troops cut off Indian access to five “traditional” patrolling points (PPs) in the Depsang Plains.

    Confirming this, a top source in the government told The Sunday Express earlier this week that the Chinese blocked access to PPs 10, 11, 11A, 12 and 13 in March-April this year.

    Located east of the strategic Sub-Sector North road or the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat…

    Continue Reading This Article At The Indian Express

    Stay Connected

    34,572FansLike
    4,123FollowersFollow
    1,739FollowersFollow

    Latest articles

    AlphaDog Hosting Ad

    Related articles