Updated: May 14, 2020 3:20:36 pm
Underplaying recent incidents of scuffles between Indian and Chinese troops in Ladakh and Sikkim, Army Chief General MM Naravane Thursday said both incidents are “neither co-related nor do they have any connection with other global or local activities”.
“All such incidents are managed by established mechanisms where-in local formations from both sides resolve issues mutually as per established protocols and strategic guidelines given by the PM after the Wuhan and Mallaparam summits,” the Army chief said in a statement.
General Naravane further pointed out that temporary and short duration faceoffs between border guarding troops do occur along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) “due to the differing perceptions of the alignment of boundaries which are not resolved”.
Last week, Indian and Chinese troops clashed at two points along the LAC, leaving personnel injured on both sides. The incidents took place in the Naku La sector — it’s a mountain pass in Sikkim at an altitude of over 5000 metres — on Saturday, and in a contested area near Pangong Tso, a lake in Ladakh, on the night of May 5-6.
ALSO READ | Amid tension on Ladakh LAC, IAF sent Su-30s,…