Intelligence Indicates ‘Potential Iranian Attack’ Against US Forces in Middle East – Report

Last week, Iranian General Allahnoor Noorollahi announced that Tehran is ready for “the greatest war against the greatest enemy”, adding that the Islamic Republic’s missile systems are aimed at 21 American military bases in the Middle East.

CNN has cited several US defence and administration officials as saying on Wednesday that “there has been consistent intelligence in the last several weeks” indicating a possible Iranian threat against US forces and interests in the Middle East.

The sources referred to alleged movement of unspecified Iranian troops and weapons that Washington fears “could be put in place for a potential attack, if one is ordered by the Iranian regime.”

They did not clarify whether a potential threat emanated from the Iranian government or the country’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).

The remarks come as Under Secretary of Defence for Policy John Rood said earlier in the day that there are indications that an Iranian “aggression” could take place in the future amid aggravating relations between Tehran and Washington. He declined to elaborate.

Pentagon spokeswoman Rebecca Rebarich told CNN that the Department of Defence continues to “closely monitor the activities of the regime in Iran, its military and its proxies, and we are well postured to defend US forces and interests as needed”.

The statement followed General Kenneth McKenzie, head of the US Central Command, suggesting that Iran would possibly “do something…

Continue Reading This Article At Sputnik News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here