Fifty people are confirmed to have died in Friday’s attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Police say they have shared a list of names with the families but have not released it publicly.
Police Commissioner Mike Bush said the bodies had not been handed over as officials had to determine the cause of death for each of the victims.
But it’s becoming clear they came from countries around the world, and that many of them were refugees who thought they had found safety in New Zealand.
Here are some of the people reported as dead or missing so far.
Mucad Ibrahim, three
Mucad is thought to be the youngest victim. He was visiting the place of worship with his brother, Abdi, and their father, both of whom survived the attack.
The Associated Press news agency reports that police have notified the family of his death.
Speaking earlier to local news site Stuff. his brother Abdi said: “It’s been pretty tough, a lot of people are ringing me asking if you need help. It’s been hard at the moment, [we’ve] never dealt with this.”
He said Mucad was “energetic, playful and liked to smile and laugh a lot”.