The former spokesperson of the US Air Force’s notorious UFO investigation bureau, Project Blue Book, is demanding the Pentagon make public any evidence it has about aliens having visited Earth.
“Show it to the National Academy of Sciences. Don’t hide it. Show it! We’ve been waiting for it! We’ve been waiting for it forever,” retired Air Force Col. David Shea said to WTOP Thursday. “But so far, that hasn’t happened, and I don’t know why.”
In 1969, Shea announced the end of Project Blue Book, declaring that the USAF’s over 12,000 UFO reports amounted to nothing — no threat to national security, no sign of advanced technology and definitely no evidence that UFOs were craft from outer space. After that, the Air Force washed it hands of the matter, publicly maintaining it had no further interest in the phenomenon, Politico reported.
However, the investigation didn’t end. The New York Times dropped a bombshell expose last December revealing that another UFO investigation program under Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) auspices had been functioning as recently as 2012.
The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP) began its work in 2009 with an annual budget of $22 million. A spokesperson for Pentagon, Dana White, told Politico that AATIP “ended in the 2012 time frame. It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD…